Friday, September 14, 2007

Bring on the Coffee



After a 22 hour shift Monday and a 13 hour shift Tuesday, I knew that I would need to turn to coffee to help me through the rest of the week. As luck would have it, the shooter I would be working with for the rest of the week was addicted to coffee. And as a rule of my own, if you're going to do something, you do it right. So naturally, I challenged him to a coffee drinking contest.

10 cups of coffee later, I lost. He drank 16 cups. You can't win a coffee drinking contest against an addict. But what you can win, and what I had won, is a mega caffeine buzz.

The next day I made it to 11 cups, and he to 15. I had lost again, but the fun was in the trying. And in watching people gape at me, thinking my heart could stop at any minute. Funny, the joke was really on them. I knew my heart was beating too fast to ever stop. Ever.

No comments: